Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

...wish I could have stayed there all day!

I did not want to be the chief garbage picker-upper (baby got in the garbage and threw it all over) today. I didn't want to be the poopy changing, dish washing, mess cleaning, laundry lady today. I did not want to be the person all the kids whine at. Why can't kids have a 6th sense. The sense that mommy's going to lose it. It seems that the closer you are to the end of your rope, the more needy they are.

So tonight, when my husband said he would be home late and my 15yo was on a field trip, I decided to take the four littles out to dinner. We picked up the 8yo from Catechism and I drovee across town to show them this huge house that has been lifted right off the ground. There is a big hole under it so they can make a new foundation. The kids thought it was cool. Then we went to Scores (chicken place with big salad bar) called Dh and he was right around the corner, so he joined us for dinner.

Now I'm feeling much better. I really needed to take the kids out and watch them enjoy things for a while. We did no homework and no cleaning up but, we accomplished a lot tonight.

5 Comments:

  • Good for you! glad you feel better and got out. I wish they came with a whine volume control.

    Hugs

    By Blogger Silver Creek Mom, at 6:00 AM  

  • Wanted to come by and say I enjoyed having you at my "quiet corner"! Thanks for commenting! You are welcome to come back anytime and make yourself at home!

    Glad you are feeling better. Sometimes our accomplishments are not what we get done, but who we spend our time with. Sounds like you have that one figured out! Glad you enjoyed your family!

    By Blogger Donnetta, at 8:08 AM  

  • A change of scenery sure does wonders! I know it works for me.

    By Blogger deedee, at 10:02 AM  

  • You have no idea how hard I'm trying to keep from going BACK to bed today. Congrats on getting out. I accomplished a similar feat today, maybe next time I'll consider taking the kids out of the car too.....

    By Blogger momofalltrades, at 12:42 PM  

  • Glad you're feeling better about things:-)

    By Blogger FLmom7, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home