Sunday, March 19, 2006

Mr. Incredible


He can leap over tall piles of laundry in a single bound, he can settle whining children with his lazer vision, with his super human strength he can take 5 kids to the St Patrick's parade.

My husband is awesome.

I was away all weekend on my retreat and the house was still in one piece when I returned. He did laundry, the kitchen was not covered with dishes. The kids had a great time. He took them all swimming on Saturday night and he took them all downtown on the train to see the parade on Sunday after mass.

Isn't that great? But, didn't they miss me? Am I so dispensable? My 2yo has taking a liking to Mr Incredible. He calls him 'Missusterrible'. Is that what I am to my family Mrs. Terrible wife of Mr. Incredible?

While I was away I called home. I told my 8yo I missed him. He said I miss you too. I said Oh good so you'll take me back then? This brought tears to my eyes. I am not the only one who feels this way. When my Sister in law called home her husband asked their 4yo a loaded question "Do you like it better with mommy here or away?" She held her breath waiting for the answer. Thank goodness her little girl got it right! We all want to get away. And we don't want the house to be a horrible dump when we get back but, we (or at least I) would like to think I would be missed.

So after hearing that everything was fine while I was away, I made dinner, tidied up, folded some of the perpetual laundry, and helped to put the kids to bed. Once the kids were in bed my husband came to me and said:

"You know, there is nowhere

on this earth

that you could go,

where I would not find you...

...to bring you back to help me with these kids."

Oh joy he does need me ;o)

11 Comments:

  • whew! When I got to the last part about what your husband said when he cornered you, I was starting to wonder where you were going... I figured this was a G rated post, but you never know on the internet these days. ;)

    Glad you had a good time and all is well! You'll have to fill us in on the details of the trip.

    By Blogger Tina, at 9:48 PM  

  • Wow. I wish my husband was like yours. I was sick this weekend, and only started to feel better tonight. Guess what was waiting for me - a sink full of dirty dishes, a messy living room, a sticky kitchen floor and an unbelievably messy bathroom!

    By Blogger Undercover Angel , at 10:01 PM  

  • It's so great to be able to count on your husband. Sounds like you got a good one. And I think it is good for him to have time alone with the kids. They can develop their own special routines this way.

    By Blogger deedee, at 2:39 AM  

  • That is awesome! What a great husband. I am glad all was well when you returned from your retreat. And he survived going to the St. Patrick's parade with 5 kiddos - whew! Impressive. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 AM  

  • It's nice to hear your house was in order when you returned from your retreat weekend. My gang is always happy to see me when I return from a weekend away. I also think they can appreciate what I do when I'm around.

    By Blogger Good Things I Find, at 11:36 AM  

  • Hahahaha!! That cracks me up~Mrs. Terrible, and the funny comment your hubby made there at the end. At first I was thinking it'd be one of those really heart-warming moments...but nope! Very cute! :)

    Oh, and hi-5 to your husband for taking care of everything while you were gone!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

  • OH that's cute. he's a keeper. I'm gald he did wellw ithout you but it's good to know he needs you too.

    I hope you had a blast on your retreat.

    I'm link you if that's ok.

    Hugs

    By Blogger Silver Creek Mom, at 1:15 PM  

  • That is so sweet!! Usually when I get home from a weekend away, my hubbie is mopping. The rest of the house will be a disaster, but he always want to show me some sort of multi tasking. Silly, silly man!!

    By Blogger Kelly, at 6:42 PM  

  • Ok, he's Mr. Incredible but, don't think I came home to a clean house. I said it was not falling appart. I am still sticking to the floors I didn't mop today.

    By Blogger T, at 7:17 PM  

  • Husbands can truly be wonderful. Especially when they don't take as much time for themselves as they should. Sometimes I feel bad for the time I have away...but then, he does get to go to work everyday. Isn't that time away??? :)

    By Blogger Kelly, at 7:31 PM  

  • that is sweet. i'm so glad they all missed you. and the house was still in one piece ;)

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home