Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Smoking Van

Last week, back when there was no SNOW! It was almost spring here. There was sunshine, flowers and kids playing out in the street. The whole neighborhood seemed to emerge from hybernating through the winter. It made me crave ice cream and popsicles or even better, creamsicles. Mmmm creamsicles... Uh what was I talking about? Oh yeah spring. Time to while away the afternoons at the park then come home and throw something on the BBQ for dinner. Until you realize there's no propane. Then spring is the time to drive to three different gas stations trying to buy propane. And while I'm driving around the van starts making a funny noise. Kinda like the brakes aren't completely releasing. Better head home to get Dh to check it out. So I pull up in front of my house and go to remove the tank full of propane from the back of the van and I see the van is SMOKING. Alot. And I'm not the only one to notice. As I said the whole neighborhood is out in front of my house to witness my brakes smoke for more than 15 minutes. You know why this happened? Because earlier that day I received a check in the mail. As soon as money comes in something has to happen to make the money go out.
I took the van in yesterday and $300 later I have ne cylinder something or others.

{sigh}

On Sunday the kids were outside all day. One of the cousins was over and the local kids all congregated at our place. One of the moms from up the street came over and started raking our lawn. I said to my husband, "Our house is That Bad, the neighbors are taking it upon themselves to clean it up so it doesn't negatively affect their propery values" I'm ok with that. Maybe they'll do our roof too. No such luck. ;o)

3 Comments:

  • Well my money flies by me too so your not alone.

    Plus, when you neighbor is done have them come rake my yard. I'll supply the rakes too ! Even supply the beverages.

    Lucky you !

    By Blogger JeepGirl, at 6:59 AM  

  • Car troubles suck!

    Can your neighbors come over to my house?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

  • Sounds like a nice sunday, well minus the brake trouble.

    By Blogger Silver Creek Mom, at 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home