Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mes enfants franglais

Said buy my 8yo in his best Québecois accent:

"Eh, j'ai un cerveau dans ma tête!"

Translation:
Hey, I have a brain in my head!

He said this to his sister before he told her a story about how smart he is.

I just love that they are able to switch from english to french with ease. I try to speak french as much as I can with them. Very often though I fumble for the words. I have started asking the kids for the french words for things.

RETREAT UPDATE:
Thank you for the comments about the retreat. I appreciate your thoughtful opinions. I spoke to my mother in law and was pleased that she really understood my feelings. She told me about when she had small children and she felt she should not take the time for a retreat away from her family but, she did and it was for her family that she did. Speaking with her about this meant alot to me. I have so much respect for the way she raised her 6 kids.

That being said, I took my 2yo to the doctor today and he has Pneumonia. He is on antibiotics (I hate giving antibiotics but that's another story) He should be better in a couple of days. Now the baby (11months) is sick. Feverish. She threw up all over me.

So, I'm gonna wait and see.

5 Comments:

  • Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. I have wanted to wait until spring or summer for the very reasons you mentioned. I hope your babies feel better soon - and by the way, I love your last sentence in your "About Me" section. It made me laugh. :-)

    By Blogger boomama, at 8:07 PM  

  • oh poor things! I hope they all feel better soon.

    I wish I could speak french! That would be awesome. My sister in law is moving to Canada after she gets married (Calgary).

    I can speak German though... but, uh, unfortunately, it does me no good. :) other than teaching my kids a few things..

    By Blogger Tina, at 7:21 AM  

  • Aww I hate it when they are sick. Nathan is sick and has an eye infection. Probably from swimming.

    I hope they get better soon.

    My daughter is on French Immersion. Although she tried to get out of it for next YEAR, NO WAY! too important in my books. I don't speak french well at all and I soo wish I did.

    By Blogger Silver Creek Mom, at 7:49 AM  

  • Aww...I hope he feels better soon! :( Speaking french - that's awesome!

    You're right - we'll look back fondly on these days of chaos. ;)

    By Blogger Lisa, at 9:14 AM  

  • Coucou,
    J'espère qu'il va mieux très vite. heehee, a little french to say i hope he is feeling better soon.

    By Blogger deedee, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home