Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Too Young To Be Senile

I was slammed with work yesterday. I went to my sister's award shindig on Monday so yesterday work was hounding me. My work can be very tedious. It is like a puzzle with really tiny pieces and you really need to focus to figure it out. I have really been having a hard time thinking lately so trying to wade through 1000 words to find the one little problem that has the whole thing broken is next to impossible right now. I don't know if I can keep it up.

I am worried though that if I stop working completely my brain is going to turn to mush. NOT saying that moms who don't work have mush for brains! It's me. Lately I have started to stutter which I never did before. It's like the words are all floating in my head and I can't get them out. I have a hard time focusing. Last night my husband wanted to discuss The Chrysalids a book we both just read because my 15yo had to read it for school. I drew a complete blank. I remembered the book but I could not put one cohesive thought together. My head was empty. I just stared at him and said he'd have to ask me some other time.

I think I shoud see a doctor but, I am quite sure they will say it's stress. I'm not feeling all that stressed though. There have been many other times when I was REALLY stressed and I didn't have these problems. I'm to young to go senile!

9 Comments:

  • I think it happens to all moms. If you think about all the things a mom has to keep track of, its no wonder our brain wiring gets crossed sometimes!

    By Blogger Nettie, at 8:45 AM  

  • No worries. I'm essentially a SAHM and my brain is scrambled egg. Pretty much why I'm giving up my flute studio for awhile, I can't form a cohesive thought, much less try to get teenaged girls to improve on the flute.

    By Blogger Jen, at 3:16 PM  

  • this happened to me today...just a lil' somthin' to make ya feel better...
    -finally returned the ill fitting shorts to Wal-Mart, they gave me a gift card since I forgot my reciept
    -said to myself, great I have shopping to do I'll just turn aroung and spend it
    -said to myself several times while in WM, don't forget the card don't forget the card
    -Yeah, I forgot to use the card
    -it will probably expire before i remember it again

    By Blogger April, at 5:08 PM  

  • Oh April I've done that too. I think I still have the card. If I could only remember... what was I looking for?

    By Blogger T, at 5:12 PM  

  • My wife calls it Momsz-heimer's

    By Blogger JayMonster, at 6:19 AM  

  • That happens to me all the time. Usually when I have too many things on the go as well. I do some work at home as well, and when I have that going plus my Mom duties (which are so much less than yours, by 3) I feel like my brain is just mush.

    By Blogger BeachMama, at 11:17 AM  

  • In "Joe Versus the Volcano", Tom hanks calls it "brain fog"...I've been getting it a lot, lately. I think it's because of the end of the school year; the older darlings keep coming at me with projects!

    Hey, I tagged you.....it's on my blog! Chrissy

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 11:28 AM  

  • that's hilarious. ohmygosh. i.can.so.relate.

    By Blogger Tina, at 7:48 PM  

  • This happens to me when I get too tired. I just can't figure out when I am supposed to get the extra sleep, though.

    By Blogger deedee, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home