Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Selfish Housewife

Far Beyond Pearls: Selfish Housewives
Are you a selfish housewife? Do you delight in doing for others without expecting anything in return. Do you put your own wants above the needs of others? Do you believe our highest calling is to serve others?

I have been a selfish housewife. Worse than that I've been a selfish mommy. Lately I've been grumpy. I have been begrudgingly doing the bare minimum for my kids. Fortunately the weather has been nice and they've all been enjoying the outdoors so they have not been very demanding. But, I've been short with them. I have not felt very loving towards them (or Dh either)

I have a cold and I haven't been feeling all that great but, that's no excuse. I need to snap out of my funk. I am not writing this to garner sympathy. I do not need more "me-time".

I am writing this as a sort of time capsule. I'm going to seel up my selfish brooding self in this post. I am hoping with a little grace, grumpy me will stay stuck in here and I'll go to bed, get some rest and wake up tomorrow with a renewed vocation. That's vocation as in my vocation as a mother and wife, though a little vacation would be nice too.

So if you think I'm quite nutty for trying to box myself up and post my grumpy ass to the internet, you're probably right. But, I'm hopeful. I'll let you know tomorrow if she (grumpy pants) is gone.

6 Comments:

  • I too have had grumpy pants on and all I want to do is read magazines and make them play outside out of my hair. Tomorrow I am actually going to take them to a movie, so maybe I'll get out of this funk. good luck to you!!

    By Blogger Kelly, at 8:32 PM  

  • oh, you're too cute, mrs. grumpypants!

    (i'm never cute when i'm like that!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

  • Oh, you are not nutty. You have hit on the whole reason some of us started blogging. A blog is a great place place to box up for safe-keeping all kinds of stuff like grumpy and sad and happy. It's a good place to stick nightmares and old memories.
    I hope your grumpy is safely stowed away...

    By Blogger deedee, at 12:49 AM  

  • I started off bending over backwards for my kids, but as time goes on I keep getting stricter and stricter. Not sure if I am becoming a better parent by setting firm boundaries and adding structure to their lives, or just a more lazy/efficient parent.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 4:50 PM  

  • Hang in there Moe. I told my 10yo a couple days ago that he was not allowed to sound irritated by my endless string of commands. I usually know it's time for me to snap out of it when everyone starts sounding like me.

    By Blogger April, at 8:04 AM  

  • OMG I could have written that post. I almost DID write a post similar to that!

    Just glad to know I'm not the only one who goes through that :)

    -Mandy
    http://coffee-mom.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home