Monday, May 29, 2006

Oh how I've been negelecting you dear internet

I'm treating you like I treat my real life friends. I'm ignoring you and not answering the phone.

In my defense let me just say we still have no microwave. Can you forgive me now?

It was a busy weekend. My husband had his first rugby game of the season, my son had his first communion and I took the kids to Finnigan's (local flea/antique market) for the firsat time this year. The weather was lovely and we had a very nice weekend although it was quite busy.

My oldest came back from her Manitoba exchange trip on Sunday. She had a good time. She got bit by a tick so now I'm worried about lime disease. She didn't call us much while she was away. I'm sure she missed us terribly, NOT. I'll have to develop her pictures to see what she did while she was away. The other kids missed her. Especially the baby who is quite attached to my oldest. My 7yo daughter missed her older sister when she was asked to help with the baby.

Went to my bodyshaping class today. It was tough because it's not air conditioned so it was HOT. I must have sweat away a couple of pounds. You know the ones I put on when we had people over after my son's first communion.


And what's with the full length embroydered and beaded wedding dresses and viels for first communion? Is it just me that thinks it's a bit much? I mean I want them to have a nice dress too but, they're not getting married.

I'm off to do some more planting and enjoy the nice weather.

7 Comments:

  • It sounds like you've been busy. I'm glad your daughter had a great time in Manitoba. I've never been there, but Jake's parents live there - in Rossburn or something like that - it's north of Winnepeg.

    I hope you get a new microwave soon...

    By Blogger Undercover Angel , at 3:54 PM  

  • I'm so sorry about your microwave still....

    sounds like you are busy busy busy woman!

    By Blogger Tina, at 9:32 PM  

  • On saturday, I saw a baptism go into the church as I was coming out, after playing music for a wedding. It was for a five year old, and she was dressed like a bride and there were 150 people invited to this girl's baptism.

    Ridiculous!

    By Blogger deedee, at 12:44 AM  

  • That is one fancy communion dress, are they trying to prep the girls for the future?

    Sounds like your weekend was packed full. I hope your eldest enjoyed Manitoba. I lived just outside of Winnipeg for two years (worked in Winnipeg), it was a great experience and a great place to visit. But, as Dorothy says, "There is no place like home".

    By Blogger BeachMama, at 3:40 AM  

  • the wedding dress/communion thing is just plain weird, communion, prom, ball, wedding...priorities need to be shifted, that is for sure!

    please give this message to your dear husband....
    the women has way too many of your children to not have a microwave..be real..get her a friggen microwave:)
    hehe, hope that helps..
    k

    By Blogger Kim/Thomas, at 6:06 AM  

  • Hey, the next time I am in Montreal, maybe we could meet up, can you schlep all your kids out for an afternoon at the pool??
    I'm always soo jealous of all the blogger meetups:) and well since you don't seem crazy, and maybe I don't seem to crazy to you, we could meet at a park pool or something!
    *clapping my hands insanely*
    k

    By Blogger Kim/Thomas, at 8:21 PM  

  • I always thought that was silly to put them in a wedding dress. i wish someone could explain why?

    I love Manitoba...great place.

    I'll watch for Mircowave sales.

    HUGS

    By Blogger Silver Creek Mom, at 5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home