Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Losing the baby weight

This time last year I was desperate to shed 20lbs. I was counting the days till March 23 when the pounds would come off. This year I am again desperate to shed 20lbs. but, I think it's going to ba a lot harder to lose them this time. It's sad when you think labour and childbirth is an *easy* way to lose weight!

I am not exagerating about how desperate I was to get that baby out of me this time last year. Towards the end I checked the calendar several times a day to figure out how soon it might possibly happen. I was tired. I was in pain. I was HUGE. Oh, and my babies they just don't want to come out. I was induced with three of them after they were 2 weeks overdue. With my fourth I was induced on the day he was due. The nurses would come in and ask "Oh when were you due?" And I'd say "Today" and the'd give me a funny look and wonder why I was there but, honestly they just don't want to get OUT!

To make matters worse, even though I told my Dh in January that I wanted him to take the week of March 28-April 1 off. He 'forgot'. Let me tell you, I didn't forget I was having a baby. I didn't forget I would be coming home to a 1 year old and his three older sibling who would be hopped up on Easter chocolate and home from school for 'ped' (teacher's like long weekends) days. Once he remembered, his boss had already planned to take that week so he had to work. So, I wanted that baby out before Easter weekend so I'd have a couple of days where Dh would be around before I had to fly solo.

I was scheduled to be induced March 23. Dh stayed home. Something he never did with the others, I always sent him off to work and called him later. My mom came to watch the kids. We called the hospital and they said they were full, they would call me when there was a room. We waited, and waited. We called again in the afternoon. They said it was not going to happen that day.

I cried. I don't cry easy. I was SOOO DESPERATE to get that baby OUT.

On Sunday March 26, 2005 I started having contractions at about 8:00am and our baby girl was born by noon. A super easy labour. And a whopping big 9 1/2 lb baby girl. No wonder I was having a hard time carrying her around!

So this year I'm gonna have to lose the weight the hard way.

5 Comments:

  • Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    I also have 5 kids, but 2 have moved out and one is moving at the end of this month. Their ages are spread WAY out.
    It's so hard to lose the baby weight, isn't it? You sure had a short labor - thank God for that!
    I'm off to read the rest of your blog
    :)

    By Blogger Veronika, at 8:32 PM  

  • My kids were both 2 weeks late and then 9 1/2 pounds also. They just did not want to leave!! I was done after two.

    By Blogger Cori, at 12:08 PM  

  • i've got three kids, they were all premmies, the biggest one of the three was just over six pounds. i should really think about taking off some of that baby weight, my baby is now 11, i guess it's time!
    thanks for dropping by my blog earlier.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

  • I'm gonna have a long road ahead of me after I have this baby! Unfortunately for me, just giving birth doesn't always equate to weight loss - I think I had only lost 15 lbs when I left the hopsital after my last, and he was 9 lbs 6 oz!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog ;)

    By Blogger beki, at 7:07 AM  

  • I've got four (13,9,5,1) and just keep piling up the pregn fat. For some reason it's attached to me. Hmm - Mine were all C-section. Big kids I guess.

    Good luck with your weight loss - I'm sure you'll do well.

    By Blogger JeepGirl, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home