Thursday, March 02, 2006

They pay you for that?

I don't have much time to post today. After spending way too much time reading, I decided to get some work done tonight. Not more laundry, dishes, cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors kind of manual labour work. Not the supervising homework, helping with french, breaking-up fights intense discussions amoung siblings, figuring out why my toddler has big red splotches on his face and arms, caring for a screaming baby who only wants to be held while I'm trying to make dinner, really HARD work. No, tonight I sat hunched over my keyboard and did the kind of work I actually get paid for.

Want to know what I was getting paid to do this evening? Cut and Paste. Albeit incredibly tedious cut and paste but, not exactly up there with rocket science or parenting. Lot's of taking stuff from here and putting it there and a wee bit of SQL thrown in so they couldn't replace me with a monkey. But, did I mention I am getting PAID for this.

So that's why I did not do a Thursday Thurteen about my city which is what I thought I would write today. That is because nobody would pay me to do that. They'd rather have the monkey for that one ;-)

Oh, and really my toddler has very strange red splotchy skin. I am not sure if it's from teething or him playing with the dish soap this morning? We'll just have to wait and see...

1 Comments:

  • SAw you at Beck's and came on over! We have the same blogs listed in our sidebars!!

    Mary, mom to 8

    By Blogger owlhaven, at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home