Saturday, February 25, 2006

New sacrament

This morning my 8 year old son came to the table with a small hand made green construction paper envelope. From it he took out a litte slip of paper with a prayer typed on it. He was practicing. He reminded us we were going to his "first Circonciliation" today.

I burst out laughing. I repeated it for Dh in case he hadn't heard. Circonciliation a mixed religous ceremony. Combine a circumcision with reconciliation, it's like chopping off your sins to trim your concience ;-)

We did go to his first Reconciliation today. He did his confession. He will do his first communion in May.

Dad signed him up for baseball. It's the first time he will play. What are we getting into?!

Oh, and tonight he threw up.

So I have been busy disinfecting everything and saying my own little prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home